HOW TO ENHANCE THE BEAUTY OF YOUR COLOR AND MAKE IT SHINE ON
The arrival of springtime makes us long for pretty highlights and sunny tones in our hair.
If you change your color as summer approaches, remember the essential steps to maintain the beauty of your new color!
After the cool browns and ashy blonds of winter, trendy tresses take on golden and dark blonde tones enhanced with a few light highlights for a pretty sun-kissed look. But once your color, bleaching or highlighting treatment is complete, your hair will require special care to make sure it continues to shine.
Stephan Monnerie, color technician at the Leonor Greyl Institute, explains: "Shiny hair is hair with a smooth cuticle whose scales are all lined up in the same direction so that they reflect light like a mirror. The healthier the hair – and the better moisturized and smooth – the more this mirror effect is increased, and the more the hair shows this attractive shine."
Our recommendations to enhance your color:
* The pigments of your color will only be radiant if the hair cuticle is smooth and well-maintained. It is therefore essential to nourish, repair and smooth your hair with deep-acting treatments that can be applied to dry hair and left in for a long time before washing.
Recommended products: L'Huile de Leonor Greyl, to be left in for as long as you like while brushing to work it in and smooth the hair cuticle. Crème de Soin à l'Amarante or Masque Quintessence, to be left in for 20 minutes.
* Opt for a protective shampoo specially designed to care for colored hair and make its beauty last, with a mild formula that nourishes the cuticle and reduces color oxidation.
Recommended products: Crème aux Fleurs, a cleansing and moisturizing cream that sets the color pigments and desensitizes the hair: a must-have for dry, colored hair, to be used with L'Huile de Leonor Greyl. Shampooing Reviviscence, for all extremely damaged and sensitized hair. Shampooing Sublime Mèches, for highlighted or colored hair. Bain vitalisant B for fine, colored hair.
* For an instant boost, feel free to apply a dollop of mask after every shampoo. The smoothing, moisturizing action of the mask will instantly provide hair with shine and softness, even if you rinse it out immediately.
Recommended products: Crème de Soin à l'Amarante for dry, colored hair. Masque Quintessence for all extremely damaged and sensitized hair. Apply to the shafts and ends of towel-dried hair, comb to distribute and facilitate untangling, then rinse thoroughly.
* If you use a hair dryer, remember to protect your hair from the drying effects of heat so that it maintains its color!
Recommended products: Sérum de Soie sublimateur or Condition naturelle for fine hair. Éclat naturel or Lait Luminescence Bi-Phase for thick or frizzy hair.
* The same principle applies when you expose your hair to the sun, sea and pool: always protect your hair before going out in the sun or for a swim to keep your color from oxidizing.
Recommended products: L'Huile de Leonor Greyl, essential waterproof sun protection. For a sophisticated look, opt for a protective styling product that will not weigh your hair down: Sérum de Soie sublimateur for fine hair or Éclat naturel for thick or frizzy hair.
* Remember to brush your hair regularly to remove any dust and renew its shine. And don't forget to clean your brush once a week to keep your hair from looking dull!