When temperatures fall, hair loses its luster. Dry air, winter hats and a general lack of vitality make hair static, dull and lifeless.
Institut Leonor Greyl expert Stéphan Monnerie tells us how to have beautiful hair even in winter.
Wave goodbye to static hair
Taking off a sweater or hat, or brushing hair with a plastic or nylon brush can leave hair standing on end.
* Distribute three sprays of Sérum de Soie sublimateur evenly throughout your hair. The serum's water-based formula tames locks with ease.
* Invest in a boar-bristle brush like the Leonor Greyl brush, and go easy on the amount of shampoo you use as the astringent properties of its foam increase the risk of static hair. Slip a mini spring-water spray bottle or Tonique hydratant into your bag for hair-taming magic on the go.
Boost dull hair
Lifeless hair with dry ends can be a winter nightmare.
* If your hair is dry and dehydrated, pamper and nourish it with a few drops of Huile de Leonor Greyl before washing it with Shampooing Crème Moelle de Bambou or Shampoing Reviviscence. As a conditioner, use Crème de Soin à l'Amarante or Masque à l'Orchidée taking care to towel-dry hair beforehand to avoid diluting the product. Take the time to untangle hair with a wide-toothed comb to ensure the mask is evenly distributed from roots to tips before rinsing.
* If an oily scalp is causing you trouble, try Bain TS Shampooing to purify roots and add volume.
* Before drying, spray hair with Lait Luminescence Bi-Phase through the length to restore shine.
Detox your scalp
Wearing a hat all day long suffocates the scalp, causing dandruff and itchiness.
* 15 minutes before washing, massage a few drops of Régénérescence naturelle into your scalp. This magic oil is packed with vitamins to bring your scalp back to life with a burst of oxygen.
Inject volume into limp, lifeless hair
There's nothing more depressing than feeling like your hair is clinging to your scalp. This can be down to a lack of humidity in the air, or because you're wearing your favorite hat more often.
* Go against the grain with short to mid-length hair by styling in the opposite direction to your natural hair growth. Watch as your hair falls seamlessly back into place, with extra volume.
* If you have long hair, make four braids around your head starting from the roots. When you take off your hat, you can undo them for an instant boost of bounce and body!
Treat your hair to some intense nourishment
Because winter means snuggling up at home with more time on your hands.
* Reach for L'Huile Leonor Greyl and brush a few drops all the way down to the tips (make sure you only use this one brush for oil application), before leaving Masque Quintessence to work its magic for one or two hours. Wash out, and say hello to supple, shiny hair. A weekly wintery treat!