Dandruff, itching: it’s essential beforehand to properly define
the origins of these problems to treat them correctly.
What are the causes?
The scalp is covered with a hydrolipidic film which protects it from aggressions and
bacteria, while ensuring its flexibility.
In some cases, this natural film can be damaged and no longer perform its role properly.
- Stress, accumulated fatigue, vitamin deficiency, or an unbalanced diet influence
the secretion of sebum and the pH of the skin.
- Sun, chlorine, salt or pollution can irritate and dehydrate the scalp.
In winter, dry air can cause dryness and tightness.
- Colorings, perms or straighteners are not always well tolerated and
can cause irritation, followed by possible peeling.
- Insufficient sebum production can cause dry scalp and uncomfortable tightness.
On the contrary, an excess of sebum can cause an abnormal development of
the microbial flora, sometimes followed by itching.
As the epidermis is continuously renewed at the level of the stratum corneum,
this results in a permanent and natural formation of dead cells: dandruff.
These are most often detached during shampooing, but in the case of a dandruff condition,
the process of formation of dead cells is accelerated and causes the inconveniences
that are known such as: continuous detachment of dandruff, itching, irritation.
What are the beauty gestures to adopt daily?
- Shampooing must be applied carefully taking the time to do it well by abundantly
wetting your scalp to remove dead cells correctly during the emulsion process.
- Rinsing must also be carried out with care: the cleansing effect of the shampoo
must be ensured and disposed of properly, at the risk of causing itching if necessary.
Gradually emulsify your shampoo using small amounts of water, while massaging,
then rinse thoroughly.
- In the case of a shampoo applied too fast, the dead cells will come off afterwards,
during drying, just like dandruff.
- Be careful not to use products that are too strong, they may attack the scalp and
cause abnormal sebum secretion.
A shampoo does not need to lather a lot to be effective!
- Avoid anti-dandruff shampoos based on coaltar or zinc pyrithione, which tend
to be irritating on the scalp and cannot be used daily.
Which products to favor?
- As a treatment before shampooing, apply Huile Apaisante,
a combination of botanical oils with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
properties that produce an immediate soothing effect.
- Choose your shampoo according to the nature of your scalp to effectively
treat the problem. Bain Traitant à la Propolis treats dandruff conditions
and immediately relieves itching thanks to its antimicrobial and healing properties.
- Once a week, treat yourself to a soothing treatment with Crème aux Fleurs.
This light foaming cleansing cream has been specifically formulated to soothe
sensitive scalps, reacting to the aggressiveness of overly detergent products.
Applied to dry hair instead of shampoo, it brings instant well-being and
incomparable softness to the hair. You can also apply it after coloring to soothe
the scalp and recondition the hair.
in the case of a sensitive scalp with dandruff, mix Bain Traitant à la Propolis
with Crème aux Fleurs (half and half) before applying it to a dry scalp.
– How to treat oily scalp and find a healthy scalp?
– Understand, prevent and treat hair loss
– The 10 commandments of Caroline Greyl